Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank goodness for getting a special sneak preview of the Gingerbread Expo. There are some perks to being the head elf around here, I suppose. Not only that, but I have tasted the last batch of new gingerbread that Mrs. Claus will make before the Season officially begins - and the gingerbread is excellent! Just as tasty as the first time I ever had it. Remind me to tell you elves the story of when she and I first met. It was a beautiful, snowy evening and we fell in love after I accidentally ate part of her gingerbread replica of the Taj Mahal. She was not very happy at first, but I soon charmed her with my wit and mystery. Hohoho.

I love remembering evenings like that. I think my tree shined brighter than ever that night. I hope I can improve my mood before the end of the month. I do not like starting the season out feeling so grinchy. I just wish that people would not worry so much. Ah, well, I suppose that's the price of having loved ones. They will always worry.

2 comments:

Amanda Muir said...

Santa,

Maybe you should try taking just one night off with Mrs. Claus. I know that when I feel stressed, my boyfriend takes me out. Spending time, just the two of us, always makes me feels LOADS better. Maybe you can relive that night somehow. :-)

~Amanda~

Tresbien said...

Santa, of course she couldn't resist you! But it says so much about her that she accepted the accidental eating of part of her gingerbread Taj Mahal with such grace. I sure would love to see pictures from the Expo. I hope that seeing the love and thought put into the creations will brighten your spirit.

What is your wish for this holiday season?

Hugs,

Tresbien